- Focuses on specific, topical and relevant issues in the global creative economies.
- Is a knowledge transfer accelerator which develops group and individual’s programs of research and seeks ways to scale, resource and access support.
- Seeks to develop intellectual property using more agile models to speed up the development process and reduce personal risk.
- Allows playfulness and innovation to encourage start-ups and ventures around our research and development activities
To deliver transformational research with global impact for the betterment of society, communities, industry
To build sustainable futures and ecologies.
To enable our interdisciplinary teams to secure funding from national and international funding bodies, as well as business and industry.
Our multidisciplinary team can offer expert and focused advice for both industry and government sectors. We use a process of deep research combined with a highly practical business and politically driven approach.
Methods are varied and include both qualitative and quantitative data collection in the areas of:
· Development research
· Product Research and concept testing
· Market research
With your collaborative funding expert members of our team can:
· Prototype products before you launch to customers
· Speculate and scan the horizon about future challenges
· Help you to succeed before you launch your product, application, idea or company with deep multidisciplinary research
· Problem solve and provide creative application and solutions in the areas such as health, education, utilities, environment, education and business
Practical next steps may include:
· ARC linkages
· Direct Research Funding
· Research Consultation
· Sponsorship of UON Honours and PhD Students
· Access to our Design and Research Studio for ideas and prototyping (currently known as ‘Pop Up Studio’)
You have to move fast to make a difference in the world. RAPID allows translational research to be modelled through imaginative concepts and rigorous research and development. RAPID is not just a series of projects it is a new attitude.
Transmission seeks to develop impactful research for cultural, social and business through both our postgraduate work at Honours, Master’s, & PhD levels, and through our Work Place Integrated Learning at undergraduate level. The scholars share a sustained commitment to education through practice based and practice led research that is impactful and excites all who participate.